ProQual – Level 6 NVQ Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety Practice
The Level 6 NVQ Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety Practice qualification is aimed at candidates who are responsible for developing and applying health and safety procedures day-to-day in their organization. They may be a staff member, supervisor, or manager looking to improve their knowledge and skills.
The awarding body for this qualification is ProQual Awarding Body and the regulatory body is the Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (Ofqual). This qualification has been accredited to the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF).
- Candidate must complete all of the Mandatory Units.
- D/616/9536 – Promote a positive health and safety culture
- F/616/9531 – Develop and implement the health and safety policy
- J/616/9532 – Develop and implement effective communication systems for health and safety information
- R/616/9534 – Develop and maintain individual and organizational competence in health and safety matters
- Y/616/9535 – Identity, assess, and control health and safety risks
- H/616/9537 – Develop and implement proactive monitoring systems for health and safety
- K/616/9538 – Develop and implement reactive monitoring systems for health and safety
- M/616/9539 – Develop and implement health and safety emergency response systems and procedures
- H/616/9540 – Develop and implement health and safety review systems
- K/616/9541 – Maintain knowledge of improvements to influence health and safety practice
This qualification is competence-based, candidates must demonstrate the level of competence described in the units. Assessment is the process of measuring a candidate’s skill, knowledge, and understanding against the standards set in the qualification.
The qualification must be internally assessed by an appropriately experienced and qualified assessor.
Each candidate is required to produce a portfolio of evidence that demonstrates their achievement of all of the learning outcomes and assessment criteria for each unit.
Evidence can include (1) an observation report by the assessor; (2) assignments/projects/reports; (3) professional discussion; (4) witness testimony; (5) candidate product; (6) worksheets; (7) record of oral and written questioning; (8) Recognition of Prior Learning.
Learning outcomes set out what a candidate is expected to know, understand or be able to do.
Assessment criteria specify the standard a candidate must meet to show the learning outcome has been achieved.
- Candidates who achieve the requirements for qualifications will be awarded:
• A certificate listing all units achieved, and
• A certificate giving the full qualification title – ProQual Level 6 NVQ Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety Practice.
What Will You Learn?
- 1. Promote a positive health and safety culture
- 2. Develop and implement the health and safety policy
- 3. Develop and implement effective communication systems for health and safety information
- 4. Develop and maintain individual and organizational competence in health and safety matters
- 5. Identify, assess, and control health and safety risks
- 6. Develop and implement proactive monitoring systems for health and safety
- 7. Develop and implement reactive monitoring systems for health and safety
- 8. Develop and implement health and safety emergency response systems and procedures
- 9. Develop and implement health and safety review systems
- 10. Maintain knowledge of improvements to influence health and safety practice
To achieve the Proqual Level 6 NVQ Diploma in Occupational Health & Safety Practice you need to complete the 10 mandatory units. Completing this qualification allows you to apply for GradIOSH membership. Units must be completed in the order listed below.
|Recommended Learning Hours|
|Unit 1||Promote a positive health and safety culture||Level 5||27|
|Unit 2||Develop and implement the health and safety policy||Level 6||74|
|Unit 3||Develop and implement effective communication systems for health and safety information||Level 5||40|
|Unit 4||Develop and implement individual and organisational competence in health and safety matters||Level 5||49|
|Unit 5||Identify, assess and control health and safety risks||Level 6||73|
|Unit 6||Develop and implement proactive montoring systems for health and safety||Level 6||52|
|Unit 7||Develop and implement reactive monitoring systems for health and safety||Level 6||74|
|Unit 8||Develop and implement health and safety emergency response systems and procedures||Level 6||46|
|Unit 9||Develop and implement health and safety review systems||Level 6||46|
|Unit 10||Maintain knowledge of improvements to influence health and safety practice||Level 5||51|
NCB has taken a different approach to assessment that makes it more clear and straightforward for you and your assessor. As a part of your course, you will receive the marking criteria for assessments as well as expanded learner notes for each unit, which removes any ambiguity around what you will need to accomplish to complete each unit successfully.
The NCB’s online learning platform receives all assessments and evidence. There will be a combination of the following:
In the context of work-based assessment, set tasks must be completed and supported by work-based evidence
A reflective task is an opportunity to reflect on how your knowledge and skills have improved as a result of experiences at work
• Knowledge competence check – a series of questions to validate your knowledge
There will also be 2 professional discussions with your assessor to review your progress and further evaluate your competence. These will occur after you complete the 5th and 10th units.
The marking criteria for each module will be determined by your assessor after you have submitted your assessments and evidence. When you have not met all of the criteria, your assessor will highlight which parts need to be updated and resubmitted so that you may easily update and resubmit.
ProQual Level 6 NVQ Diploma – How to Apply
NVQs do not have any formal entry requirements, however:
It is necessary that you possess a high standard of English
To influence organizational policies and procedures on health and safety, you must be working in a role involving health and safety.
You will be asked to complete an initial assessment and a SkillsScan form before enrolling in the course to ensure that you will be able to successfully complete the ProQual NVQ. We will provide you with an alternative course if it is determined that you are not in a position to be successful. In the event that you do not meet the requirements for enrollment, you will not be charged.
- Interactive Presentations.
- Downloadable – books.
- Course Access: 2 Years.
- Assessment: 10 Mandatory Unit.
- Training Mode: E-Learning / Classroom.
- Tutors Support: Online / Phone / Email.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 80 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 45
- Assessments Yes